I've been facing this date much like a sledder attempting to break a downward slide with her heels dug firmly and helplessly into the snow. I've always been kind of a late bloomer as regards most popular milestones, but with that also comes the inexhaustible belief that I am still 27.
Anyway, without further blabber, here are my Top 10 Reflections:
10. I now refer to my hair color as “Arctic Blonde.”
9. A number of my men friends have begun referring to themselves as “Pop-Pop.”
8. Don’t trust anyone over 80.
7. My favorite expression when I see a 20-something newscaster: “Does your Mom know you’re on TV?”
6. I’m glad I played in rock n’ roll bands when I had the chance.
5. The dashboard of my car seems to have crept up by several inches.
4. I’m humming along to some “elevator” music when I realize it’s a Led Zeppelin song.
3. I get the senior discount without having to ask.
2. An “all-nighter” means I didn’t have to get up and go to the bathroom.
1. I don’t have to worry about turning 60 anymore.